UPDATE: this position is now closed as of Oct 26th, 2018! Thank you for your interest!
We’re seeking someone who’s interested in social media management for small-to-medium-sized businesses. It’s currently a part-time, ongoing role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment–-the more you bring to the role, the better it is for both of us!
we’d be a great fit for each other if…
- you’re interested in creating engaging content that helps independent businesses grow and prosper
- you understand the importance of brand voice and feel comfortable bringing it into social media
- you’re comfy with analytics data and hashtag research, and use data to make smart choices for your clients’ social media feeds
- you know how to advise, communicate with, and collaborate with entrepreneurs who want to take an active role in their social media presence
- you’re laid-back and maybe even a little geeky, but always on top of important details
- BONUS: if you have skills and experience in graphic design or video production, that can help us open doors for you to put these skills to work for our clients!
a taste of the things you’d be doing:
- Collaborating with clients to design and implement social media strategy that fits their business goals
- Create, edit, publish and share engaging content (e.g. original text, photos, videos and news)
- Setting clear expectations and goals, and reporting on analytics data to show progress
- Make sure social media accounts’ design looks top-notch (e.g. Facebook timeline cover, profile pictures and blog layout)</>
- Recommending and implementing new features to boost brand awareness, such as promotions, boosted posts, etc.
- Staying in-the-know with technologies and trends in social media, design tools and applications
- Contributing to our blog presence — if you have opinions about design, marketing, and creative, we’d love to have you share them!
We’d like you to be able to commit approximately 20 hours per week to the position to start–hours may vary depending on client needs. You’ll need to come to the studio for client meetings, so if you have a flexible schedule, that would be ideal! Outside of face-to-face meetings, this position is flexible, and much of the work can be done from your home or your favorite coffee shop, if you like. A fast internet connection is a must, however!
We believe strongly in working with local talent, and we want to grow and create opportunities in our own super-gifted Portland-y garden. With that in mind, we are only interested in candidates based in the Portland Metro area.
We’re a small-but-fierce company, and we have a lot of experience producing solid work, but our process is always evolving and improving. You’ll have the support of our Creative Director and Project Manager for whatever you need–talking through ideas, scheduling meetings, onboarding clients, and so forth. But, we recognize that you’re the expert in social, and we welcome any wisdom and ideas that you can bring to the table.
If you’re a good listener and communicator, and this sounds like something you could grow into, let’s talk about it! Or, if you can think of a trusted human who’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from them, too.
Rate is $18-25/hr, depending on experience.