We’re hiring! We’re seeking a badass project manager for the creative industry, particularly in the area of branding and web design. It’s currently a part-time role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment–the more you bring to the role, the better it is for all of us!
We’d be a great fit for each other if…
- you’re interested in helping create purpose-driven design that helps independent businesses and nonprofits grow, scale, and prosper
- you geek out about spreadsheets and task management tools
- you excel at creating and supporting workflows that lead to fantastic deliverables
- you understand how to keep your own team and your client partners accountable for their role in a project
- you know how to communicate high-level design and tech concepts in a way that’s easy for regular people to understand
- you’re inquisitive, enjoy connecting with clients, and ready learn about what drives them, and what makes their work special
- you’re laid-back and maybe even a little nerdy, but always on top of important details
BONUS: comfort with using WordPress and Adobe Creative Suite isn’t required, but it could come in handy!
What you’d be doing:
- Listen and communicate with clients and team members. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must!
- Set clear expectations, and keep clients on track, happy, and informed about the process
- Define and plan brand, web, and social media projects based on unique goals and objectives
- Develop, write, edit, and create proposals for prospective clients and RFPs
- Build the right team for our clients, by choosing and managing the right talent for our larger design and development projects
- Guide projects through scheduling, contracts, creative check-ins, and approvals, from project kick-off to completion and beyond
- Communicate project status, direction, and deadlines to both team members and clients
- Write, research, and manage documentation both internally and for clients
- Collaborate with the team to generate and maintain project timelines and budgets
- Coordinate user support and training for clients in WordPress and other systems
- Schedule and coordinate client consultations, internal team meetings, and partnerships with freelancers
- Invoice and receive payments
- Contribute to our blog, to our team culture, and to ongoing business development
Desired Software Proficiencies:
- Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Drive
- WordPress Dashboard
Bonus Points for:
- Experience using Teamwork, Basecamp, or similar
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Indesign and Illustrator
- Experience with Quickbooks or similar
- Experience and comfort in virtual meeting spaces such as Zoom or GoToMeeting
- Video production experience
What You Can Expect in Your Day
You’ll check in and get the day started around 9am, ensuring that everyone on Team Upswept has what they need to have a kick-ass day. You’ll communicate with and have the support of the team via e-mail, Slack, and Zoom, as well as connecting with clients through e-mail, phone, and even our task-tracking software.
Your work hours may vary a bit from week to week, but you can expect to work at least 15-20 hours in a typical week. You can expect a weekly Team Meeting, and you’ll also need to come to Upswept HQ for client meetings, so a flexible schedule is ideal.
Outside of face-to-face meetings, this position is flexible, and you can work from Upswept HQ, your home, or your favorite coffee shop. A fast internet connection is a must, but beyond that you can choose your own adventure.
Rate is $20-25/hr, depending on experience.
How to Apply:
- Gather together your resume, cover letter, and portfolio if it feels pertinent
- E-mail your materials to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line, “I’d Like to Be Your Project Boss.”
This position closes on Friday, September 20th, 2019.