We’re seeking a badass social media manager to bring some new shine to our online presence, and help our clients do the same! This is currently a part-time, W2 role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment—the more you bring to the role, the more work we can offer you.
Applications are now closed. Thank you for your interest!
We’d be a great fit for each other if:
- You’re invested in helping create purpose-driven content that helps small businesses and nonprofits stand out online.
- You’re inquisitive, and you enjoy connecting with clients and learning about what drives them and what makes their work special.
- You understand brand voice and tone and feel comfortable bringing it into social media.
- You’re data-driven—analytics and insights fire you up, and you know how to use them to inform and modify strategy.
- You know how to communicate high-level marketing concepts in a way that’s easy for regular folks to understand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with Team Upswept to help us showcase our knowledge and expertise on our social media platforms.
- Collaborating with clients to create and implement social media strategy that fits their business goals
- Creating, editing, publishing, and sharing engaging content (e.g., original text, photos, videos, and news) and maintaining a content calendar
- Setting clear expectations and goals and reporting on analytics data to show progress
- Maintaining and ensuring social media accounts, bios and pages are accurate and up to date using best practices for each platform
- Recommending and implementing new features to boost brand awareness, such as promotions, paid advertising campaigns, etc.
Desired Software Proficiencies:
- Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Zoom
- WordPress (primarily blog posting and basic page editing)
- Experience with social media scheduling tools (Later, Buffer, Sprout Social)
- Experience creating video for social media platforms
- Experience with email marketing software (Convertkit is a big plus!)
Bonus Points for:
- Experience using Teamwork, Basecamp, or similar
- Familiarity with basic content management in WordPress
- Experience with copywriting and/or SEO keyword research
- Experience with email marketing strategy
- Familiarity with planning and launching online courses
What You Can Expect Working With Us
This position is flexible and WFH friendly, so your own computer and a fast internet connection is a must. Beyond that, you can choose your own adventure. We’d like you to be able to commit approximately 15-20 hours per week to the position to start. Hours may vary depending on client needs.
You can expect a weekly Team Meeting, along with client meetings and consultations, so a flexible schedule is ideal. You’ll communicate with the team and our clients via email, Slack, and Zoom. You’ll also have the support of our Creative Director and Project Manager for whatever you need—talking through ideas, scheduling meetings, onboarding clients, and so forth.
Rate is $20-27/hr, depending on experience. Learn more about what else we offer and how we work.
How to Apply:
- Gather together your resume, references, and any creative work samples or account links you feel relevant
- Fill out the application form below!
Applications are now closed.