We’re seeking a Junior Front-End WordPress Developer to turn our designs for small businesses and non-profits into beautiful, working websites! You’ll learn how our website design and development process works for brochure sites to fully-customized builds, and you’ll take a strong role as WordPress developer for our production work.
This is currently a part-time, W2 role, but it’s growing into a larger time commitment—the more you bring to the role, the more work we can offer you.
We’d be a great fit for each other if:
- You’re invested in helping create purpose-driven websites that help small businesses and nonprofits stand out online.
- You’re inquisitive, and you enjoy learning about what makes a client’s work special, and how a strong website can support their goals.
- You understand the WordPress platform and are excited to expand your web development skills within it
- You’re comfortable working autonomously, but also enjoy teaming up on development projects.
- You know how to communicate high-level website and tech concepts in a way that’s easy for regular folks to understand.
What you’ll be doing:
- Implementing front-end styles based on design mockups and brand guidelines
- Collaborating with Team Upswept to build interactive wireframes for larger-scale website projects
- Developing mobile-friendly websites that adapt beautifully across devices and platforms
- Pre-launch QA and troubleshooting
- Maintenance and updates for our clients’ hosted websites
Desired Skills & Software:
- Entry-level, Relevant experience in development
- Gmail, Google Docs, Google Calendar, Google Drive, Zoom
- Understanding of WordPress themes and principles of custom themes
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Familiar with Photoshop
Bonus Points for:
- Experience using Teamwork, Basecamp, or similar
- Experience with SEO keyword research and/or best practices
- Experience with Advanced Custom Fields, Memberpress
What You Can Expect Working With Us
This position is flexible and WFH friendly, so your own computer and a fast internet connection is a must. Beyond that, you can choose your own adventure. We’d like you to be able to commit approximately 15-20 hours per week to the position to start. Hours may vary depending on client needs.
You can expect a weekly Team Meeting, along with client meetings and consultations, so a flexible schedule is ideal. You’ll communicate with the team and our clients via email, Slack, and Zoom. You’ll also have the support of our Creative Director and Project Manager for whatever you need—talking through ideas, scheduling meetings, onboarding clients, and so forth.
Rate is $28-35/hr, depending on experience. Learn more about what else we offer and how we work.
How to Apply:
- Gather together your resume, references, and any creative work samples or account links you feel are relevant
- Fill out the application form below!